The Use Base Type Where Possible refactoring helps replace some or all references to a selected type with references to its base type. You can optionally choose not to replace references in is and typeof operators.
- Place the caret at the name of a type.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Refactor | Use Base Type Where Possible.
- Choose Refactor | Use Base Type Where Possible on the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R, then click Use Base Type Where Possible.
The Use Base Type Where Possible dialog box opens.
Specify the following options:
- In the list of base types of the selected type, select which one to use for replacement.
- Select whether you want to Replace types in 'is' operator and/or Replace types in 'typeof' operator.
- Click Next. If no conflicts are found, selected categories of references are updated immediately. Otherwise, resolve conflicts.