ReSharper provides an easy way to manage small tasks related to source code. It comes with three predefined patterns of to-do items: Todo, Bug, and Not Implemented. You can define your own patterns in the Options dialog box. Add to-do items into your source code and navigate between them using To-do Explorer.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Options. The Options dialog box opens.
- Click To-do Items on the left pane of the Options dialog box.
- Click Create on the To-do Items pane. You can also duplicate, edit or remove an existing pattern.
In the Create/Edit Pattern dialog box, specify a pattern name,
and type a regular expression that contains a keyword that helps identify
items in the source code, for example:
- Optionally, specify whether the pattern is case sensitive and where to search in: comments, strings, identifiers using the corresponding check boxes. By default, search is carried out in comments only.
- Define color scheme and icon to denote the item in the To-do Explorer window. For more information, see To-do Explorer.
- Click OK to add this pattern to the list.
- Click Save or Save To to apply changes.
- Open a file in the editor.
- Create a line comment, and type the item keyword, followed by text.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Windows | To-do Items.
- In the To-do Explorer window click or to navigate to the next or previous item. The corresponding file opens simultaneously in the editor, with the caret positioned at the to-do item.
TipTo navigate between to-do items in a current file, you can use the Marker Bar, where they're identified by cyan markers. For details, see Marker Bar and Status Indicator.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see the corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.
- Navigate to
- Navigating to Exception
- Navigating to Overriding, Implementing, or Hiding Methods
- Go to Recent Files
- Navigate to To-do Explorer
- Marker Bar and Status Indicator