This dialogless refactoring converts an extension method to a static method in the same class.
The reverse functionality is available with the Convert Static to Extension Method refactoring.
- Place the caret at the name of an extension method, or select it in the File Structure window.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Refactor | Convert | Extension Method to Plain Static.
- Choose Refactor | Convert | Extension Method to Plain Static.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+RCtrl+Shift+R, then click Extension Method to Plain Static.
- The refactoring is carried out without requiring you to specify any further options.
For a sample of modifications in method signature and calls caused by using the refactoring, see Convert Static to Extension Method.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see the corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.