Navigation by Name
ReSharper can bring you to any code item or file or even any matching text in a few keystrokes. The scope of the navigation includes symbols and files in your entire solution as well as all assemblies referenced in the projects of your solution.
To find an item in your solution by the item's name
- To use the unified access to all search results, press Ctrl+N to display a pop-up where you can start typing and find everything in your solution that matches your input.
- If you want to limit your search to types (classes, interfaces, structs or enums), press Ctrl+N twice .
- If you want to find anything by a plain textual match, press Ctrl+N three times.
- If you want to search symbols (types, methods, properties, fields, and so on) - press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N.
- You can also limit the search to files in your solution by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N.
- ReSharper also lets you jump to types and type members in the current file by typing their names after pressing Ctrl+F12 .
- After invoking any of the above commands, start typing the target item, its CamelHumps abbreviation, and/or wildcards. The list of matched items will narrow down as you type and the most probable candidates are shown closer to the top of the list.
- As soon as the target item appears in the list, you can choose it to open it in the editor, or alternatively, you can click Show in Find Results in the pop-up or press + on the numeric keypad to open all items in the list in the Find Results window and use its features for further navigation.
ReSharper can optionally remember the last input that you used to find something with Go to Everything/Type, Go To File, and Go to Text actions. To enable this behavior, select Remember last search on the page of ReSharper options. When this option is selected, ReSharper will also use your selection in the editor as the search string. For example, you can select a file name in a string and then press Ctrl+Shift+N to search for files in your solution that match this name.
- Navigation and Search in Compiled Code
- Navigating from Stack Trace to Exception
- Locating Current Document in Solution/Assembly Explorer
- Viewing File Structure
- Navigation and Search
- Navigation from Symbols
- Navigate To
- Finding Usages
- Context Navigation
- Navigating to Recent Locations
- Structural Search and Replace