Attaching to Local Process
On this page:
Attaching to local process
To attach to a local process, follow these general steps:
- Launch the process intended for debugging. You can do it from operating system or using the Rider terminal.
- To find the process to attach to, do one of the following:
- From the list of available processes that appears, select the desired process. Simplify your search by typing the first letters of its name or PID
- Proceed with debugging the same way as you usually do it in Rider (set breakpoints, step through, pause and resume the process, evaluate expressions etc.)
- When finished, detach the process: select the or click the Stop the process button of the Debug Tool Window.
Last modified: 11 October 2017