Enabling Solution-Wide Analysis
Solution-wide analysis is disabled by default and should be explicitly turned on for every new solution you open.
To toggle solution-wide analysis
- On the page of Rider settings (Ctrl+Alt+S), make sure that the Enable code analysis check-box is selected, and click Enable solution-wide analysis. By default, warnings are also included in the solution-wide analysis, but you can clear the corresponding check-box to ignore warnings.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let Rider choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see layer-based settings.
Alternatively, you can right-click the circle indicator in the right corner of the status bar and choose Start Solution-Wide Analysis in the context menu. If the solution-wide analysis is off, just double-click the gray circle.
After you have switched on the solution-wide analysis, several changes are made:
- The circle indicator in the right corner of the status bar displays the progress of solution-wide analysis. After it is complete, the indicator turns green (if no errors were found), orange (if warnings in the solution-wide analysis are enabled and if there are warnings in the solution), or red (if errors were discovered):
- A small area to the left of the circle indicator is allocated to show the number of solution files that contain errors/warning, if any. You can click this area to go to next error/warning in the solution.
- Solution-wide code inspections for non-private members become available both in the design-time code inspection and when you inspect code in a specific scope.