Reformatting XML Doc Comments
Rider can reformat XML documentation comments according to your preferences.
Note that Rider does not reformat plain comments like:
// A plain single-line comment
/* A plain multi-line comment */
To reformat XML doc comments, use code cleanup. You can either run code cleanup with the default profile Default: Full Cleanup or run the cleanup with a custom profile solely targeted at your specific task as described below.
To reformat XML doc comments with a custom Code Cleanup profile
- Press Ctrl+Alt+S, or alternatively choose on Windows and Linux or on macOS.
- Go to the Code Cleanup settings page: .
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let Rider choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see layer-based settings.
- Select the scope where you want to reformat XML doc comments:
- Choose Code | Code Cleanup in the main menu.
- In the Code Cleanup dialog that opens, select the newly created profile.
- Click OK. Rider will reformat XML doc comments in the selected scope.
- Naming Style
- Managing and Applying Code Formatting Rules
- File and Type Layout
- File Header Style
- Code Syntax Style: Namespace Imports
- Code Syntax Style: Implicit/Explicit Typing
- Using Auto-Properties
- Making Fields Readonly
- Code Syntax Style: Multiple Attributes
- Code Syntax Style: Modifiers
- Code Syntax Style: Optional Member Qualifiers
- Reformatting XML Doc Comments
- Removing Code Redundancies