Creating and Editing Run/Debug Configurations
On this page:
With the Navigation bar visible (), the available run/debug configurations are displayed in the run/debug configuration selector in the Run area:
Creating a run/debug configuration
To create a run/debug configuration, follow these steps:
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click on the toolbar or press Ctrl+N. The drop-down list shows the default run/debug configurations. Select the desired configuration type.
The fields that appear in the right pane, display the default settings for the selected configuration type.
- For the new run/debug configuration:
- Specify its name in the Name text box. This name will be shown in the list of the available run/debug configurations.
- Specify whether you want to make Rider check execution status of the instances of the same run/debug configuration. If you want to make sure that only one instance of the run/debug configuration is currently executed, select the check box Single instance only. In this case, a confirmation dialog box will show up every time you try to launch run/debug configuration, when one instance of the same type is still running.
If this check box is not selected, you can launch as many instances of the runner as required. As the result, each runner will start in its own tab of the Run tool window.
- In the Before launch section, define whether you want to launch any external tool or other build configuration before run. To skip the build stage, remove Build from Before launch list.
- Specify additional parameters depending on the configuration type. Refer to the descriptions of run/debug configuration parameters below the Run/Debug Configurations section.
- Apply the changes and close the dialog box.
Editing an existing run/debug configuration
To change an existing run/debug configuration:
- On the main menu, choose .
- With the Navigation Bar visible (), choose from the run/debug configurations selector.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R, then press 0 to display the Edit Configuration dialog box or select the configuration from the pop-up window and press F4.
In the corresponding run/debug configuration dialog box, change parameters as required.