Navigating with Bookmarks
On this page:
The editor of Rider provides two types of bookmarks:
- Anonymous bookmarks, indicated by check signs in the left gutter. The number of anonymous bookmarks is unlimited.
- Bookmarks with mnemonics indicated by or icons in the left gutter. There can be only 10 numbered and 26 lettered bookmarks within a project.
All bookmarks are indicated with the black streaks in the marker bar:
Once created, the bookmarks enable you to easily jump to the desired location within a file, or across the entire project.
Navigating within the current file
To navigate through the bookmarks within the current file, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose . The order of visiting bookmarks depends on their order in the collection of bookmarks in the Bookmarks dialog.
- Click the black streak in the marker bar.
Navigating across a project
To navigate across a project using numbered bookmarks
- Use Ctrl+Number where the <number> corresponds to the desired bookmark.
To navigate among all bookmarks in a project, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+'.
In the Bookmarks dialog, select the target bookmark, and press Enter.
For your convenience, the target code preview is shown in the right pane of the dialog box.
- In the Favorites tool window, select the desired bookmark in the Bookmarks list, and then double-click the bookmark entry, or press F4. The corresponding file opens in the editor, with the caret at the beginning of the bookmarked line.