Navigation by Name
Rider can bring you to any code item or file or even any IDE item in a few keystrokes. The scope of the navigation includes symbols and files in your entire solution as well as all assemblies referenced in the projects of your solution.
To find an item in your solution by the item's name
- To use the unified access to all search results, press Ctrl+T or press Shift twice to display a pop-up where you can start typing and find everything in your solution that matches your input.
- If you want to limit your search to types (classes, interfaces, structs or enums), choose .
- If you want to search symbols (types, methods, properties, fields, and so on) - press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T.
- You can also limit the search to files in your solution by pressing Ctrl+Shift+T.
- Rider also lets you jump to types and type members in the current file by typing their names after pressing Alt+\.
- After invoking any of the above commands, start typing the target item, its CamelHumps abbreviation, and/or wildcards. The list of matched items will narrow down as you type and the most probable candidates are shown closer to the top of the list.