Convert Property to Method(s) refactoring
This refactoring converts
set accessors of properties into the corresponding methods and updates usages of the property accordingly in the current solution. You can apply this refactoring to properties with backing fields as well as to auto-properties.
In the example below, the refactoring converts an auto-property to getter and setter methods:
|Before refactoring||After refactoring|
| || |
To convert getters and setters of a property into methods
If you convert only one accessor of an auto-property to a method, the second accessor is converted to a property with a backing field.
- Place the caret at the declaration or a usage of a property in the editor, or select it in the Structure window.
- Do one of the following: Convert Property to Method(s) dialog will open.
- Select the accessors that you want to convert and specify names for the methods or leave the default ones.
- To apply the refactoring, click Next.
- If no conflicts are found, Rider performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.