This feature is helpful if a server, that holds the sources of the project files, is down. The statuses of files and directories become irrelevant, and you are unable to work with the local copy of the project. To avoid such situation, you need to refresh the status of your source files.
When this command is applied, Rider refreshes the status of each file, no matter whether the file has been changed from Rider itself or using any other application.
When working under Perforce control, you can run refresh in two modes:
- Standard Refresh takes into consideration only the changes made through the Rider integration with Perforce. This improves performance because does not require connecting to the server. However, this approach does not let you know about the changes made outside Rider, for example, right through the
- Force Refresh considers all the changes made to project, both from Rider and from any other application, for example, right through
The status of a file is refreshed only in accordance with the changes in your local workspace. Any changes on the server can be reflected only through synchronization.
To refresh the status of files in your project, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Version Control tool window, press Ctrl+Alt+R.
- In the Version Control tool window, click the Refresh toolbar button .
- For Perforce integration, do one of the following: