Reformatting XML Doc Comments
JetBrains Rider can reformat XML documentation comments according to your preferences.
Note that JetBrains Rider does not reformat plain comments like:
// A plain single-line comment
/* A plain multi-line comment */
To reformat XML doc comments with a custom Code Cleanup profile
- Press Ctrl+Alt+S, or alternatively choose on Windows and Linux or on macOS.
- Go to the Code Cleanup settings page: .
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let JetBrains Rider choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see layer-based settings.
- Select the scope where you want to reformat XML doc comments:
- Set the caret anywhere in the file to reformat XML doc comments to the file.
- Select one or more items in the Solution Explorer to reformat XML doc comments in the files under these nodes and their child items.
- Choose Code | Code Cleanup in the main menu.
- In the Code Cleanup dialog that opens, select the newly created profile.
- Click OK. JetBrains Rider will reformat XML doc comments in the selected scope.