Go to Usages of Symbol
This command allows you quickly navigate to a specific usage of a symbol from its declaration or any other usage. The opposite navigation is available with the Go to Declaration command.
The list of usages that you get with this command is the same as that of Find Usages. But this command is more convenient for symbols with a limited number of usages, in cases when you are looking for a specific usage and want to get to this usage without opening the Find Results window.
To navigate to a usage of a symbol
- Place the caret on a symbol in the editor or select the symbol in the Structure tool window.
- Press Shift+Alt+F12 or choose in the main menu.
- If the symbol has only one usage, JetBrains Rider will navigate to it directly.
Otherwise, found usages and their contexts appear in a pop-up. Do one of the following:
- Click on the desired item to open it in the editor.
- Select the desired item by pressing Up and Down and then press Enter to open it in the editor.
- Start typing to filter results. Note that you can use CamelHumps here.
- To view and analyze the list of matched items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.