Updating Local Information
The Update command enables you to synchronize the contents of your local files with the repository. You can invoke this command on:
Depending on the updating options, the update procedure may take place silently. If all files are up-to-date, you will be notified about that. Otherwise, the Update Info tab opens in the Version Control tool window where you can group the information as required.
On this page:
Updating files and folders
- Select one or more files and folders to be updated in any navigation view (for example, in the Solution window.
- On the main Version Control menu, or on the context menu of the selection, choose <VCS>| Update.
- In the Update dialog specify the update options, which are different for the supported version control systems, and click OK.
Updating a project
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Press Ctrl+Alt+W.
- On the main menu, click .
- In the Update dialog, click the tab for your version control system.
- Specify the update options, which are different for the supported version control systems and click OK.
Grouping update information by packages or changelists
To group the update information by s or changelists, use the Group By Package and Group By Changelist buttons on the toolbar of the Update Info tab.
Note the difference in the appearance of the tab:
- Grouped by s
- Grouped by changelists
Grouping by changelists is not available if the project is under Git or Mercurial control.