Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Install and enable the NodeJS plugin. The NodeJS plugin is not bundled with JetBrains Rider, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Configuring Node.js in a project
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), choose Node.js and NPM under Languages and Frameworks. The Node.js and NPM page opens.
- In the Node Interpreter field, choose the interpreter from the drop-down list or from the dialog that opens when you click .
http, and other core modules that are compiled into the Node.js binary.
When the configuration is completed, JetBrains Rider displays information about the currently configured version, the notification Node.js Core Library is enabled, and adds the Disable and the Usage scope buttons.
Configure the scope in which the Node.js Core sources are treated as libraries:
- Click Usage scope. The Usage Scope dialog opens.
- Click the relevant directories, and for each of them select the newly configured Node.js Core library from the list.