To open an application that is organized in the directory structure and does not have a solution file, press Ctrl+O or choosefrom the main menu, and then specify the root folder of the application.
- ECMAScript 3
- ECMAScript 5.1
- ECMAScript 6: This version adds support for the features introduced in ECMAScript 2015-2017 as well as some current proposals to the standard.
- React JSX: This version adds support for the JSX syntax on top of ECMAScript 6
- Flow: This version adds support for the Flow syntax.
Downloading npm dependencies
If your application uses some tools, libraries, or frameworks, download the required packages.
- Download, install, and configure Node.js as described in Configuring Node.js Interpreters.
- Install and enable the NodeJS plugin on the Plugins page as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
To install a package in an empty project
Open the embedded Terminal ( ) and type
npm install <package name> at the command prompt.
If you already have a package.json file in your project
package.json file in the editor or in the Project tool window and choose Run 'npm install' on the context menu.
Configuring code completion for project dependencies
To provide code completion for project dependencies, JetBrains Rider automatically creates a
- Do one of the following:
- Choose on the main menu or press Alt+F2. Then select the desired browser from the pop-up menu.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the code to show the browser icons bar: Click the icon that indicates the desired browser.