Convert Static to Extension Method refactoring
This refactoring helps you convert a static method to an extension method, provided that the static method:
- Has at least one parameter.
- Resides in a non-generic, non-nested static class.
Consider the following example:
|Before refactoring||After refactoring|
| || |
To convert a static method to an extension method
- Place the caret at the declaration or a usage of a static method in the editor, or select it in the Structure window.
- Do one of the following:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R and then choose Convert Static Method to Extension
- Choose in the main menu.
- If no conflicts are found, JetBrains Rider performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.
Last modified: 19 April 2018