Alt+Insert | Properties / Read-only Properties
JetBrains Rider will help you generate properties for all fields that you want to expose.
In the example below, this command is used to generate properties for
|Before generation||After generation|
| || |
To generate properties that will expose selected fields
- In the editor, set the caret on the type name or within a type at the line where you want to insert properties that will expose selected fields. If the caret is on the type name, the generated code will be added in the beginning of the type declaration.
- Press Alt+Insert or choose from the main menu. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+A, start typing the command name in the pop-up, and then choose it there.
- In the Generate pop-up menu, select Properties / Read-only Properties.
- In the Generate dialog that appears, select fields to generate properties for.
- Optionally, use the following controls that are applied to all generated properties:
- Access Rights defines access rights modifiers for generated properties.
- Read-only defines whether to generate properties as read-only or not. If you choose Automatic, JetBrains Rider will generate only getters for read-only fields, and both getters and setters for any other fields.
If you have selected Read-only Properties in the Generate pop-up, the selector is set to Yes, but you can change it if necessary.
- Virtual (if applicable) adds the
virtualmodifier to generated properties.
- Notify on property changes (if applicable) If your class implements the
INotifyPropertyChangedor inherits from a class that supports property change notifications (e.g., Prism’s
NotificationObject) and the method that notify property change is decorated with the [NotifyPropertyChangedInvocator] attribute, you can choose to implement properties with change notification calls.
- Click OK to complete the wizard.
This command generate properties leaving the original fields intact. If necessary, you can convert the generated properties to auto-implemented properties by pressing Alt+Enter on any of the properties: