Creating Compound Run/Debug Configuration
When you run or debug your code using a compound configuration, you actually launch a sequence of configurations it includes in order they are listed.
To create a compound Run/Debug configuration
- Open the Run/Debug configurations dialog. You can access it from the main menu or using the run configuration switcher on the toolbar.
- In the dialog that opens, click the button and select Compound option from the Add New Configuration drop down menu.
- In the Name field, specify the configuration's name.
- Select Share to make this run/debug configuration available to other team members.
- To include a new Run/Debug configuration into compound configuration, click the button and select the desired one from the drop down list.
- Click Apply and OK buttons to finish.
Another case where the Compound run configuration could be very useful is running/debugging a front end web application and a backend REST service at the same time. With the debugger attached, this will let you set a breakpoint in any of the projects and debug the entire flow of the application: