Navigate To is a single shortcut for most of your navigation needs. It opens a drop-down list with all contextually available navigation destinations.
To view contextually available navigation actions
- Place the caret on a symbol in the editor or select the symbol in a tool window window, or just set the caret anywhere in the editor.
- Press Alt+` or choose from the main menu. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+A, start typing the command name in the pop-up, and then choose it there.
- In the Navigate To drop-down list that appears, you will see all relevant navigation options.
- Select an option from the list and click on it or press Enter.
- If the selected option has a single destination, JetBrains Rider will bring you there immediately, if there are several destination, another drop-down list will open providing you with the further choice. You can study one of the corresponding topics to learn more about the selected navigation option.
Where applicable, the Navigate To list includes general navigation features, specifically:
- Go to Declaration
- Go to Implementation
- Go to Usages of Symbol
- Go to Base Symbols
- Go to Derived Symbols
- Go to Type Declaration
- Locate in Solution Explorer
In addition, Navigate To extends the developer's toolset with a bunch of contextual navigation features that are not directly available from the menu: