Move Type to Outer Scope refactoring
This refactoring helps you move a nested type one level up. All corresponding references are automatically updated, even if the nested type uses members of the parent type.
To move a type to outer scope
- Select a nested type in one of the following ways:
- In the editor, set the caret at the name of a nested type.
- Select a nested type in the Structure window.
- Do one of the following:
- Press Ctrl+R, O and then choose Move to Outer Scope
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R and then choose Move to Outer Scope
- Choose in the main menu.
- Optionally, you can specify a different name for the type.
- To apply the refactoring, click Next.
- If no conflicts are found, JetBrains Rider performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.
Last modified: 20 August 2018