Removing Code Redundancies
On the Redundancies in Code categories of different languages, JetBrains Rider lists a lot of code redundancies that have associated code inspections. For most of these redundancies, JetBrains Rider provides quick-fixes. Some code redundancies cannot be fixed automatically, and quick-fixes for them are performed in the interactive mode, requiring the user input. But the majority of the redundancies can be fixed without user interaction, using either fix in scope or code cleanup.page of JetBrains Rider settings (Ctrl+Alt+S), in the
From any code redundancy highlighted by the design-time code inspection, you can invoke the 'Remove redundant code' quick fix that will remove the current redundancy as well as all redundant code in the file, project or solution:
Another option to remove code redundancies in a bulk mode is code cleanup. You can either run code cleanup with the default profile Default: Full Cleanup or run the cleanup with a custom profile solely targeted at your specific task as described below.
To remove code redundancies with custom code cleanup profile
- Press Ctrl+Alt+S, or alternatively choose on Windows and Linux or on macOS.
- Go to the Code Cleanup settings page: .
- Create a new profile as described in the To create a new custom cleanup profile section. In the Selected profile settings section for the new profile, tick the Remove code redundancies check box. Optionally, you can enable other code cleanup tasks in this profile.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let JetBrains Rider choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see layer-based settings.
- Select the scope where you want to remove code redundancies:
- Set the caret anywhere in the file to remove code redundancies to the file.
- Select one or more items in the Solution Explorer to remove code redundancies in the files under these nodes and their child items.
- Choose Code | Code Cleanup in the main menu.
- In the Code Cleanup dialog that opens, select the newly created profile.
- Click OK. JetBrains Rider will remove code redundancies in the selected scope.