Debugging Unity Applications
Unity is a game-development platform used to create 2D and 3D games and deploy them on multiple platforms. JetBrains Rider allows you to debug Unity game scripts using all the power of the debugger, including conditional and dependent breakpoints, watches, expression evaluation, etc.
To debug a Unity application
- Make sure the project you want to debug is opened in the Unity editor on the local or remote computer.
- In JetBrains Rider, open the corresponding Unity project solution. If this is the first Unity solution you open in JetBrains Rider, it will automatically install the special Unity plugin.
- Set breakpoints in the scripts you want to debug.
- Depending on whether the Unity instance is run on a local or remote computer, do one of the following:
- (Local) Select the Attach to Unity Editor run configuration and start a debugging session.
- (Local, Remote)
- Run the application in the Unity editor.