Debugging Unity Applications
JetBrains Rider allows you to debug Unity game scripts using all the power of the debugger, including conditional and dependent breakpoints, watches, expression evaluation, etc.
To debug a Unity application
- Make sure the project you want to debug is opened in the Unity editor on the local or remote computer.
- In JetBrains Rider, open the corresponding Unity project solution.
- Set breakpoints in the scripts you want to debug.
- Depending on whether the Unity instance is run on a local or remote computer, do one of the following:
- (Local) Select the Attach to Unity Editor run configuration and start a debugging session.
- (Local, Remote)
- In the main menu, select Enter address of remote process and specify machine's IP Address and Port for connecting to the Unity instance. . If the Unity instance is running on a remote machine, in the opened window, click
- Select the Unity process in the list and click OK.
- Run the application in the Unity editor.
Last modified: 16 February 2018