Configuring Remote Interpreters via Vagrant
In this section:
Before you start working with Vagrant, make sure that Vagrant plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with RubyMine and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin as described in the section Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Besides that, make sure that the following prerequisites are met (outside of RubyMine):
- Oracle's VirtualBox is installed on your computer.
- Vagrant is installed on your computer, and all the necessary infrastructure is created.
- The parent folders of the following executable files are added to the system PATH variable:
- The required virtual boxes are created.
Configuring remote Ruby interpreter via Vagrant
To configure a remote Ruby interpreter
- In the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box, click .
- From the drop-down list, choose
- In this dialog box, click the radio button Vagrant:
In this case, the remote server settings are taken from the vagrant configuration file, defined in the page Vagrant.
- Click the browse button next to the field
Vagrant instance folder, and specify the desired Vagrant instance folder.
This results in showing the link to Vagrant host URL.
- The Ruby interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Ruby executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box.
- Back in the Ruby SDK and Gems page, if necessary, configure path mappings: click and in the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.