Creating Rails Application Elements
RubyMine helps populate your Rails applications with the stubs of all the required elements, and provides the following ways of launching the generators:
generatescript with the element name specified as a parameter, and a list of arguments. As a result, RubyMine produces the required application elements and places them to the proper locations of the directory structure.
To create a stub of a Rails application element
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose or .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+G.
- With the editor, or the Project tool windows having the focus, press Alt+Insert, or choose on the context menu of the Project tool window. Then choose .
- In the pop-up frame that opens, start typing the desired generator name, or its part. As you type,
the suggestion list shrinks to show the matching entries only:
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the name of the new application element, and a list of arguments.
Besides that, choose the desired environment:
- If necessary, select the check boxes that correspond to the general options of the
- Click OK. RubyMine runs the
generatescript and displays output messages in the dedicated tab of the Run tool window: