Favorites Tool Window
- Favorite project items. Each list of Favorites in the tool window appears with the star icon .
- Bookmarks. The list of bookmarks is marked with icon.
- Breakpoints. The list of breakpoints is marked with icon.
Initially, the lists are empty. So doing, the favorites list has the same name as the project.
The lists of bookmarks and breakpoints are filled in automatically, as the new bookmarks or breakpoints are added.
To add items to favorites, do one of the following:
- Select one or more items in the Project tool window or the Find tool window. Then choose File | Add To Favorites.
- Right-click an editor tab, and choose or .
In this section:
- Toolbar buttons
- Context menu commands
- Title bar context menu and buttons
- Context menu of the side bar button
- Using drag-and-drop
|Alt+Insert||Use this button to create a new list of favorite items. In the Add New Favorites List dialog, specify the name for the new list and click OK.|
Depending on the selection, this button does one of the following:
|Alt+Delete||Use this button to delete the selected list or list item.
Depending on the selection, the following behaviors take place:
Context menu commands
When you right-click an item in the content pane, the context menu for this item is shown. This menu provides access to all the functions available for the selected item.
The following table lists and explains the commands for managing the favorites lists and their contents. Other commands, functionally, are similar to those in the Project tool window.
Title bar context menu and buttons
The title bar context menu provides the options for controlling the tool window viewing modes. It also contains the commands for associating the tool window with a different tool window bar, resizing and hiding the tool window.
To access the menu, right-click the window title bar.
Note that most of the menu options may alternatively be accessed by means of the title bar buttons.
|Toolbar icon||Context menu command||Description|
|Pinned, Docked, Floating, Split Mode||These options let you control general appearance and behavior of the tool window, see Viewing Modes.|
|Move to||To associate the tool window with a different tool window bar, select this command, and then select the destination tool window bar (Top, Left, Bottom or Right).|
|Resize||To resize the tool window by moving one of its borders, select this command,
and then select the necessary Stretch to option.
Note that this command is not available in the floating mode.
|Hide||Use this command to hide the tool window.|
|Use this button to collapse all expanded nodes.|
Context menu of the side bar button
Right-click the side bar button to reveal this context menu. Refer to the section Viewing Modes for the detailed information about the viewing modes.
You can use drag-and-drop to:
- Add items to favorites: drag the item of interest from the Project tool window and drop it onto the desired favorites list in the Favorites tool window.
- Drag an external item from the Explorer/Finder and drop it onto the desired favorites list in the Favorites tool window.
- Move an item from one favorites list to another in the Favorites tool window.