RubyMine makes use of the settings defined in a Run/Debug Configuration. All the run configurations that exist in a project, are available in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list:
Running an application
To run an application, follow these steps:
- On the main toolbar select the desired run configuration, and do one of the following:
Alternatively, press Shift+Alt+F10, select the desired run configuration from the pop-up menu, and pressEnter.
From this pop-up menu you can:
- Invoke the Edit Configuration dialog.
- Edit the selected configuration before launch (F4).
- Instantly delete a temporary configuration (Delete).
- Switch from run to debug and vice versa (holdShift).
- Access a previously selected configuration (1).
- Access context-dependent configuration (2 or 3).
This pop-up menu can also be quickly accessed by pressing F9, when you're not running any debug session.
Note that after you've started a run session, the
icon that marks the Run tool window and in the Run/Debug Configuration Selector
toggles to to indicate that the run process is active.
To run a script with a temporary run/debug configuration
- Open the desired script in the editor, or select it in the Project tool window.
- Choose on the context menu, or press Ctrl+Shift+F10. A temporary run/debug configuration will be created on-the-fly.