Working With Subversion Properties for Files and Directories
Subversion integration enables you to work with Subversion-specific properties without leaving RubyMine.
Once defined, properties of a file or directory display in the SVN Properties view. In this view you can explore and change existing properties and their values, or create new ones, using the toolbar buttons or context menu commands.
This section describes how to:
- View properties of a file or directory from within RubyMine.
- Create a new property, or change the value of an existing property.
- Set up a keyword property.
- Delete a property.
- Resolve property conflicts.
To view the properties of a file or directory
- In the Project tool window, select the desired file or directory under SVN version control.
On the main menu, or on the context menu of the selection, choose .
SVN Properties view displays properties of the selected file.
- Use the toolbar buttons or context menu commands to create, edit or delete properties, as described in the procedures below.
To create a new property, or set up the value for an existing property
- Open SVN Properties view.
- Click add button on the toolbar of the SVN Properties view, or choose the command on the context menu. The Set Property dialog box appears.
- In the Property name field, type the name of the new property, or select one from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Set property value option, and specify the desired value in the text area below.
- To have the changes applied to all subdirectories of the selected directory, select the Update properties recursively check box.
- Click OK.
To set up svn:keywords property
To delete a property in the SVN Properties view
- Select a property to be deleted.
- Click on the toolbar.