Internationalization and Localization Support
In this section:
- Internationalization, which involves extracting strings out of your source code and presenting them as properties that are further referenced in the source code.
- Localization, which means translating these properties into the target languages.
Following the Rails i18n conventions, RubyMine stores dictionaries under the
config\locales directory of a project. However, you can configure additional
directories, where dictionaries will be stored. This is done in the
i18n Folders tab of the
There are two ways of representing dictionaries:
RubyMine provides helpful features that simplify working on software internationalization and localization issues. These features are:
- Dedicated storage location and automatic recognition of locales.
- Code inspections that help detect i18n-related issues.
- Quick fixes to extract hard-coded strings and create property keys.
- Code completion Ctrl+Space in
- Navigation to declaration of a locale key Ctrl+B.