On this page:
RubyMine enables running entire applications as well as particular scripts.
RubyMine makes use of the settings defined in a Run/Debug Configuration. All the run configurations that exist in a project, are available in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list.
If you want to see a list of all currently running applications, select from the main menu. Refer to the section Viewing Running Processes for details.
Note that after you've started a run session, the icon that marks the Run tool window and in the Run/Debug Configuration Selector toggles to to indicate that the run process is active.
Running a script
To run a script, do one of the following:
Using the Run pop-up menu
From this pop-up menu that you can:
- Invoke the Edit Configuration dialog.
- Edit the selected configuration before launch (F4).
- Instantly delete a configuration (Delete).
- Switch from run to debug and vice versa (hold Shift).
- Access a previously selected configuration (1).
This pop-up menu can also be quickly accessed by pressing F9, when you're not running any debug session.