Creating and Editing properties Files
The properties files are used to store localization strings. RubyMine enables you to create new properties files, and detects the existing ones.
Important note: for plain Ruby projects, one has to manually create the folder structure
config/locales, and put the properties files there. For Rails projects, this folder structure is created automatically.
To create properties files
- On the context menu of the target directory, choose .
- In the New File dialog box, type the file name with the corresponding extension, and click OK. Note that you can also create nested directories under
locales, and add new properties files there.
- In the new
.rbfile, create the required content.
While editing properties files, use the following techniques:
- Syntax highlighting: Keywords, delimiters, values and comments are highlighted. You can configure the color scheme in the Color Scheme page of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
- Code inspection helps you make sure the locale record matches file name:
- Expand word: Start typing, and press Alt+Slash to go through the existing strings.