BDD Testing Framework
Behavior-driven development, or BDD, makes it possible to write tests in a human-readable language.
RubyMine supports Gherkin and the Cucumber-based frameworks:
Find information on testing in the section Testing.
Running a feature file
The procedure of running tests is the same as for the other testing frameworks:
- Open the desired feature feature in the editor, or select it in the Project tool window.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click the selected file or folder, and choose on the context menu of the selection.
- Create run/debug configuration for one of the BDD frameworks, and specify the desired file of folder there.
Renaming stepsWhen renaming Gherkin steps, mind the following limitations:
- Step definitions should not contain regular expressions
- Step names should contain alphanumeric characters only.
- A step definition should be only one in various frameworks.
- There should be a "one-to-one" mapping between a step and a step definition.
Refer to the section Renaming for details.