Configuring Remote Interpreters via Deployment Configuration
Make sure you have at least one RubyMine-wide server access configuration of the SFTP type to establish access to the target host. To make a configuration available in all RubyMine projects, clear the Visible only for this project checkbox in the Connection Tab. See Creating a Remote Server Configuration for details.
Defining remote Ruby interpreter via deployment configuration
To define a remote Ruby interpreter via deployment configuration
- In the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the project settings, click .
- In the drop-down list, choose
- In the dialog box Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter, click the radio-button Deployment configuration:
- In the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box, select the desired SFTP server from the Deployment configuration drop-down list. Note that the deployment host URL is displayed for the selected SFTP server automatically.
The Ruby interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Ruby executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box. The configured remote interpreter is added to the list.
- Back in the Ruby SDK and Gems page, if necessary, configure the path mappings:
- Click :
- In the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.