Creating Folders and Grouping Run/Debug Configurations
When there are too many run/debug configurations of the same type, you can put them into directories, and thus make them visually distinguishable.
Folders are used to organize run/debug configurations. When not needed, they can be deleted, and the run/debug configurations grouped under those folders will be moved under the root of the corresponding run/debug configuration type.
Once grouped, the run/debug configurations appear in the drop-down list under the corresponding folders:
Creating folders of run/debug configurations
- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- With the Navigation Bar visible (), choose from the selector of run/debug configurations.
- Press Shift+Alt+F10, then press 0 to display the Edit Configuration dialog box or select the configuration from the pop-up window and press F4.
- To invoke the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box for a Ruby script, Rake task, or a test template, press Shift+Alt+F10, then choose Create <name> on the context menu.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click on the toolbar. A new empty folder is created.
- Specify the folder name in the text field to the right, or accept the default name.
- Select the desired run/debug configuration of a certain type, and move under the target folder. This can be done in one of the following ways:
- Apply changes. Note that if a folder is empty, it will not be saved.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, select a folder to be deleted.
- On the toolbar, click . The selected folder is deleted silently. Any run/debug configurations grouped under this folder, are moved under the root of the corresponding type.
- Apply changes.
Changing order of folders
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, select one of the folders within a certain run/debug configuration type.
- Do one of the following:
The selected folder moves one position up or down.
- Apply changes.
After the dialog box is closed, groups of run/debug configurations in the run/debug configurations selector on the main toolbar appear in the order achieved by moving folders up or down within the type.