Creating Ruby Class
As mentioned in the section Populating Projects, RubyMine allows you to generate Ruby classes. So doing, it's possible to create classes nested in the right modules, and select between a class or a module.
Generating a Ruby class
This how it's done.
- In the Project tool window, select the directory where you want a class to be created, and press Alt+Insert.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Ruby Class.
- In the New Ruby Class dialog box, enter the Ruby class name:
Note that RubyMine allows you to create classes prepended by modules. If required, prepend the class name with module name:
RubyMine creates a new Ruby class and opens it for editing. If a module name has been specified, it is displayed in the editor:
Changing type of the created object
To change the kind of an object being created, do the following:
- Create a Ruby class, as described above.
- With the New Ruby Class dialog box opened, press up/down arrow keys to change the type of the created object.