The following is only valid when Node.js Plugin is installed and enabled!
RubyMine provides interface for installing, uninstalling, and upgrading client-side libraries and frameworks for your project using the Bower Package Manager. Alternatively, you can use the tool in the command line mode from the embedded local terminal.
Before you start
- Install the Node.js runtime environment and configure it as a local Node.js interpreter.
- Install and enable the ^plugin_name% repository plugin on the Plugins page as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Open the built-in RubyMine Terminal (Alt+F12) and type
npm install -g bower at the command prompt.
Creating a Bower configuration file bower.json
- Open the embedded Terminal ( ) and type the following at the command prompt:
cd <your project folder> bower init
- Answer the questions to specify the following basic settings:
- The testing framework to use.
- The browsers to be captured automatically.
- The patterns that define the location of test files to be involved in testing or excluded from it.
Configuring Bower in RubyMine
- Choose the Node.js interpreter to use and specify the location of the Bower executable file and the