Closing Files in the Editor
RubyMine suggests several ways to close editor tabs.
To close a file in the editor, do one of the following
- On the main menu point to
, choose one of the appropriate closing commands.
- Closes the file in the active tab.
- Close All
- Closes all editor tabs.
- Close Others
- Closes all tabs except the current one. The alternative way to close all other tabs lays with clicking the button, while holding the Alt key pressed:
- Close Unmodified
- Closes all files that were not changed. This command is only available, when version control integration is enabled in project.
- Close All But Pinned
- Closes all files that were not pinned. This command appears, if there are pinned editor tabs.
- Right-click any editor tab, and choose same commands on the context menu.
- Point with your mouse cursor to a tab and click the middle mouse button.
- Point with your mouse cursor to a tab and click .
- Press Ctrl+F4.
Last modified: 1 August 2018