Configuring Remote Interpreters via SSH
sshserver should run on a remote host, since RubyMine runs remote interpreter via ssh-session.
- If you want to copy your sources to a remote computer, create a deployment configuration, as described in the section Creating a Remote Server Configuration.
Configuring remote Ruby interpreter via SSH credentials
To configure a remote Ruby interpreter via SSH credentials
- In the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box, click .
- From the drop-down list, choose
The dialog box Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter opens. .
- In the dialog box Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter, click the radio-button SSH credentials:
Mind the suggestion to install
RSyncto speed up the download process. For details, refer to the section Using RSync for Downloading Remote Gems.
- In the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box, fill in the server information (host, port, etc.)
Note the Auth type field. It suggests the following options: Password, Key pair and Authentication agent. If you choose one of the first two options, you should have to enter your password or passphrase. However, the last option allows you to use the authentication agents ssh-agent or Pageant.
- The Ruby interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Ruby executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box.
- Back in the Ruby SDK and Gems page, if necessary, configure the path mappings:
- Click :
- In the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.