In this section:
For a breakpoint, you can configure the following properties:
- Actions to be performed upon hitting a certain breakpoint.
- Suspend policy, which defines whether the application should be suspended upon hitting the breakpoint.
- Dependencies on other breakpoints.
- Conditions defining when a breakpoint is hit.
RubyMine suggests the following way to change the breakpoints properties:
- Using the Breakpoints dialog box, for a breakpoint selected in the list.
- Using breakpoint icon in the left gutter
To configure actions, suspend policy and dependencies of a breakpoint
Do one of the following:
- Right-click a breakpoint in the left gutter, and then click the link More or press Ctrl+Shift+F8.
- Open the Breakpoints dialog box as described on page Accessing Breakpoint Properties and select the desired breakpoint in the list.
- In the Favorites tool window, select the desired breakpoint, and click .
Note that the pop-up window shows less options than the Breakpoints dialog box. To show hidden options, click More.
Define the actions to be performed by RubyMine on hitting breakpoint:
To notify about the reaching of a breakpoint with a text message in the debugging console, select the
Log message to console check check box.
To evaluate an expression in the context of a breakpoint and display its value in the debugging console, check the option Log evaluated expression, and enter a valid expression in the option field.
This feature lets you obtain information about your running application without having to suspend its execution.
- To set a breakpoint the current one depends on, select it from the Depends on drop-down list.
- Enable suspending an application upon reaching a breakpoint by selecting the Suspend check box, and then select one of the option buttons to specify the way a running program will be paused. For more information on the Suspend options, refer to Breakpoints dialog reference.
To set the break condition, enable condition by selecting the appropriate check box,
and enter the desired expression in the
If the expression evaluates to true, the user-selected actions are performed. If the evaluation result is false, the breakpoint does not produce any effect.
- To notify about the reaching of a breakpoint with a text message in the debugging console, select the Log message to console check check box.