Navigating Between Files and Tool Windows
RubyMine suggests a handy way to switch between files opened in the editor, split editor tabs, and tool windows (docked or floating). This is similar to the application switchers in the various operating systems. The switcher consists of two columns: the left one displays the list of tool windows, while the right one displays the list of files currently opened in the editor.
To switch between open files and tool windows
- Press Ctrl+Tab.
- Keeping Ctrl pressed, use the following keys:
- Up and Down arrow keys, Tab or Shift+Tab to go up and down the list in both panes.
- Alt to toggle between the right and the left panes of the switcher pop-up window.
- N/A or Backspace to close the editor tab where the selected file is opened, or hide a tool window, if it is shown.
- Having selected the desired file or tool window, release the Ctrl key. The corresponding file or tool window gets the focus and the switcher pop-up window disappears.