Using JADE Template Engine
RubyMine supports integration with the JADE template engine.
On this page:
- Enable Node.js support as described in Node.js.
- Make sure the NodeJS and Jade plugins are installed and enabled. The plugins are not bundled with RubyMine, but they can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins. Once enabled, the plugins are available at the IDE level, that is, you can use it in all your RubyMine projects.
Changes to the UI
The JADE plugin introduces the following changes to the RubyMine UI:
- The Jade file item is added to the menu.
- Coding assistance is provided in the JADE-specific and HTML context:
To use JADE templates in a NodeJS application, do one of the following:
- Create a project from scratch or around existing sources, see Creating New Project from Scratch and Creating a Project from Existing Local Sources for details.
- Create JADE files as necessary
- Create a NodeExpress project.
In the runtime, the JADE files fill be transformed into HTML pages.
To create a JADE file
In the Project tool window, select the directory in which you want to create a new file.
Choose or press Alt+Insert.
Alternatively, right-click the corresponding directory and choose New from the context menu.
- Choose Jade file.