In this section:
Before you start working with UML diagrams, make sure that UML Support plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with RubyMine and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin as described in the section Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
You can invoke UML class diagram from different places:
- From the various tool windows.
- From the Navigation bar.
- From the Structure tool window.
- From the editor.
RubyMine displays UML diagrams in two modes:
- In a pop-up window.
- In a separate editor tab.
RubyMine makes is possible to choose diagram type:
- Ruby class diagram
- Gem dependency diagram
- Rails model dependency diagram (for the Rails projects).
Opening a UML Class Diagram
- Select the desired item, or open it in the editor.
- Do one of the following:
- On the context menu of the selection, click , and on the submenu, select the way you want to view the model: or .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+U or Ctrl+Alt+U.
- From the pop-up list, choose the diagram type:
The diagram is displayed in the editor tab or in the pop-up window:
Tips and Tricks
- You can open a UML class diagram without using your pointing device. Consider such a workflow: press Alt+Home, then press Ctrl+Alt+U.