Attaching to Local Process
Prerequisite for macOS users
six Python module is not installed, then install it using any method of your convenience, for example
pip install six. Refer to this page for details.
Attaching to local process
To attach to a local process, follow these general steps:
- Launch the process intended for debugging. You can do it from operating system or using the RubyMine terminal.
- To find the process to attach to, do one of the following:
- From the list of available processes that appears, select the desired process. Simplify your search by typing the first letters of its name or PID
- Proceed with debugging the same way as you usually do it in RubyMine (set breakpoints, step through, pause and resume the process, evaluate expressions etc.)
- When finished, detach the process: select the or click the Stop the process button of the Debug Tool Window .
Last modified: 21 July 2017