Welcome to RubyMine help!
RubyMine is a dedicated Ruby and Rails IDE providing a wide range of essential tools for Ruby developers, tightly integrated together to create a convenient environment for productive Ruby development and Web development.
For the newbies
- If you are completely new to RubyMine, read Quick Start Guide . The links in this section will lead you to more detailed instructions.
- Before starting with RubyMine, take a look at the essentials, since they are useful for more productive usage of RubyMine.
- If you want to learn about the RubyMine UI, then take a guided tour. The parts Tool Windows and RubyMine Editor tell you everything you need to know to get a grip of these UI elements.
- The tutorials for the newbies are in the part First Steps. They help perform the most important basic tasks with RubyMine - create and run an application.
- If you click Help button on a dialog, you will see the reference page that gives descriptions of controls and fields of each dialog.
- Besides the dialog descriptions, the part Reference also keeps miscellaneous important information, like icons reference, index of menu items, version control reference, etc.
- Finally, the part Getting Help tells about using help topics in the online and built-in variants, applying to support service, reporting issues and sharing your feedback.
For advanced users
- For those who want to learn more about RubyMine, the part General Guidelines provides information about creating projects, configuring their structure, output etc.
- The advanced users will find it useful to read the various sections of the part Language and Framework - Specific Guidelines.
- The part Tutorials contains the detailed step-by-step tutorials, which will lead you through the specific tasks.