Opening, Reopening, and Closing Projects
RubyMine lets you open several projects simultaneously in different windows. By default, each time you open a project while another one is opened, RubyMine prompts you to choose whether to open the project in the same window or in a new window. If necessary, you can change this behavior using controls on the System Settings page.
In the Project Opening section of the System Settings page, choose one of the following options:
- Open project in a new window to open a new RubyMine window each time a new project is opened.
- Open project in the same window to stay in the same RubyMine window.
- Confirm window to open project in to keep the default behavior and display a dialog box to choose how to open each new project.
To open a project
To open a project from the command line
- At the command prompt, type: Learn more from Opening Files from Command Line.
RubyMine <path_to_the_project folder>
Reopening recent projects
RubyMine keeps the history list of the recent projects, from which you can select the desired one.
To reopen a recent project
Note that the list also contains the projects that share one frame:. Specify whether you want to open the project in a new frame, or reuse the current frame. on the menu and select the desired project from the list.
- On the Welcome screen, click the project of interest in the left-hand pane where the list of your recent projects is shown. Start typing in the Welcome screen to filter the list of recent projects.
To remove recent projects
- To remove all projects from the list of recent projects, click on the menu, and then click .
- Select project in the list on the Welcome screen, press Delete on your keyboard, and confirm deletion in the Remove Recent Project dialog box that opens.
Organizing projects into groups
RubyMine allows you to organize projects into specified groups. You can create a new group by right-clicking the list of recent projects and selecting New Project Group.
To move a project into a group, right-click this project, select Move to Group, and choose the required group to place the project in.
When the only open project is closed, the Welcome screen is displayed. In case of multiple projects, each one is closed with its frame.
- On the main menu, click on the menu.