On this page:
- Integration Capabilities
- Typical Usage Scenarios
- Installing NuGet to TeamCity agents
- NuGet Packages Cache Clean-up on Agents
- Authentication in private NuGet Feeds
- Proxy Configuration
Private NuGet feeds based on the builds' published artifacts.
- A set of NuGet runners to be used in builds on Windows OS, as well as on Linux and MacOS when Mono is installed on the agent.
The NuGet Dependency Trigger, which allows triggering builds on NuGet feed updates.
Typical Usage Scenarios
To install packages from a public feed, add the NuGet Installer build step.
To trigger a new build when a NuGet package is updated, use the NuGet Dependency Trigger.
Installing NuGet to TeamCity agents
The NuGet trigger and the NuGet-related build runners require the NuGet command line binary configured on the server. They are automatically distributed to agents once configured. Several versions can be installed and a version of your choice can be set as the default one.
To install NuGet.exe on TeamCity:
Go to the Administration | Tools tab.
Click Install tool and select NuGet.exe.
- Select whether you want to download (default) NuGet from the public feed or upload your own NuGet package containing
If the Download radio button is chosen, select the NuGet version to install on all build agents.
* If the __Upload__ radio button is selected, select your own NuGet package.
Specify whether this NuGet version will be default using the related check-box.
Click Add to install the selected NuGet version.
NuGet Packages Cache Clean-up on Agents
NuGet uses several local caches to avoid downloading packages that are already installed, and to provide offline support. If an agent is running out of the space, TeamCity will try to clean NuGet packages cache on the agent.
The caches in the following directories will be cleaned:
%% environment variable(must be an absolute path)
Authentication in private NuGet Feeds
You can use authentication in build-in NuGet feeds or the feeds specified in the NuGet feed credentials build feature. The credentials provider will automatically authenticate requests to these feeds.
- NuGet Installer / NuGet Publish runners
v3: supported since TeamCity 2018.2, requires NuGet 4.8+ (Windows), NuGet 4.9+ on Mono
v1/v2: NuGet 2.0+ is minimum requirement, NuGet 3.5+ is recommended
- .NET CLI
v3: requires .NET CLI 2.1.500
v1/v2: not supported