When you run Upsource for the first time, it will open Configuration Wizard in your default browser. First you can specify System settings
- Base URL - you might want to change the default value if:
- your server has several DNS interfaces and you wish to make Upsource accessible by a particular DNS interface;
- you have set up Upsource to work behind reverse or terminating HTTP proxy (see Proxy configuration) - in this case the new value should match the base URL you’ve set before.
- Application Listen Port - you can change the default port that Upsource will use for HTTP communications if the suggested port is or expected to be taken.
- Location of system directories (Under Advanced Settings)
Click Next to proceed to User management settings
Here you have to choose to set up Upsource with either build-in Hub or external (standalone) Hub. If you are going to integrate with the YouTrack issue tracker, select External Hub. Otherwise you may choose Build-in Hub.
Please note: Prior to selecting External Hub, you should first install and start your external Hub service.
If Build-in Hub selected:
- Create admin login and password - specify login name and password for your administrator account. (You’ll be able to reset your password if you ever forget it.)
- Send usage statistics anonymously - keep this option checked to help us make Upsource better. We never share collected data with any third party.
If External Hub selected:
- Enter your Hub URL and verify the connection.
Click Next to proceed to Licenses where you can keep the default free license or change it to a different one:
Click Finish when you’re done.
Upsource will open its welcome page (http://your-host-name:port_for_upsource/bundle/starting/) which will also be opened upon any consequent startup.