When it comes to mainstream installation cases Upsource requires minimal configuring. All you have to do is:
If you run Upsource on Windows, please disable all anti-viruses, Windows Defender, and Windows Search service for Upsource root directory, as they may conflict with Upsource processes.
If you run Upsource on Linux, insufficient resource limits may result in a number of errors. To prevent that, we recommend to set:
- maximum open files to 100000
- memory locking and address space limit to unlimited
- number of processes to 32768
You can do it by adding the following lines to the
* - memlock unlimited * - nofile 100000 * - nproc 32768 * - as unlimited
You can also:
- Set up Upsource to work behind a reverse proxy server.
- Use a cloud service to install and run Upsource.
- Install and configure a standalone Hub which is required for YouTrack integration
As soon as you have made all configuration changes that are relevant in your environment, you can proceed to start Upsource.