Entering your license
By default, Upsource comes bundled with a free license (alternatively called user pack) that allows up to 10 user accounts.
You can use Upsource with up to 10 user accounts as long as you want to, and in this case you don't need to enter any license information: it is pre-configured in your Upsource installation.
However, if your team includes more than 10 people who are going to work with Upsource, you need to purchase a commercial user pack: a license that allows using a larger set of user accounts.
Upon purchasing a commercial user pack, you receive a license certificate e-mail that specifies your license information: a user name and a license key.
To enter license information into Upsource:
- Click the settings icon on the top right of the screen. The Administration view will open.
- Click Mail and licensing settings. You'll be redirected to the Settings form.
- Click Edit License. The Set License pop-up window will open.
- Enter the user name from your license certificate in the License Name text field.
- Enter the license key from your license certificate in the License Key text field.
- Click Save.
Disabling guest user accounts
By default, each user pack includes special user account types: 1 admin account and 1 guest user account. For example:
- The bundled free 10-user pack includes 8 regular user accounts, 1 admin account and 1 guest account.
- The 25-user pack includes 23 regular user accounts, 1 admin account and 1 guest account.
You can disable guest access, which would give you one additional regular or admin account instead. To do that, you can simply ban the guest account as described in Banning users and proceed to register an additional user account of a different type instead.